Account Manager – Toronto, ON
Are you passionate about story telling through creative communications? Can you rally project teams, creative assignments and multiple client stakeholders to deliver quality, inspiring and motivating communications programs? Are you a natural brand steward who champions innovative and relevant brand communications? Do you have experience building lasting client relationships within a public relations or advertising agency?
At Nexus Communications, we are driven by Connecting People with Purpose, partnering with human resources professionals to help them create the perfect place to work. Helping to define and create employee experiences and cultures that engage, develop and connect their people in more meaningful, authentic and impactful ways. Helping people grow their careers. Our communications work spans across the entire employee experience, from EVP, employer branding, culture and values, to recruiting, orientation and onboarding, to learning and development, performance management, and total rewards, and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our family and shepherd multiple projects for an assigned account portfolio.
Reporting to a Talent Communications Strategist, the Account Manager is accountable for the day-to-day execution and management of a wide range of communications campaigns and programs across traditional and digital channels. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to effectively manage numerous programs, with exceptional strategic thinking and a collaborative approach to their day-to-day work.
Traits & Characteristics Profile
- People Person & Relationship Builder – You connect with people, are savvy at building relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers across various levels of experience.
- Client Focused – A great listener, communicator and collaborator, can not only respond to, but go beyond client needs, and make each client look great within their organization.
- Strategic Thinker – Can keep the big picture top of mind, across every touch point, and knows the difference between an objective, a strategy and a tactic.
- Detail Oriented & Organized – Proficient multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail while keeping all stakeholders and projects exceptionally organized.
- Project Management Skills – Keeping a project on track – on time, on budget, on brand – is second nature to you.
- Account Support – Provide primary support to a talent communications strategist with an assigned account portfolio, from client discovery, ideation session participation, supporting development of high-level plans and SOWs, POV decks, presentations, capturing and distributing meeting notes, writing creative briefs, running weekly project status meetings, attend weekly agency production meeting, manage invoicing and initiate project recaps.
- Day-to-Day Management – As the main point of contact for assigned projects, manage all deliverables for complex, omni-channel recruitment marketing and internal communications programs including development of tactics such as videos, podcasts, toolkits/playbooks, advertising campaigns, websites, job aids, email campaigns, etc., with formal status reporting including activities, scope, timeline and budget on a weekly basis.
- Project Life Cycle Ownership – successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for multiple initiatives simultaneously: planning, estimating, developing and managing timelines and workflows, scheduling (internal and freelance), internal/external/client communications, scope documentation, change orders, highlight risks and issues, monitor quality, management of invoicing, reconciliations, financial controls and budgets.
- Stakeholder Management – Provide on-site and remote leadership for internal delivery teams, motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones; collaborate with subject matter experts per project scope as required.
- Flawless Execution – Ensure all materials, from agency presentations to client project deliverables are developed on brand, adhere to key messages, are grounded in objectives and meet quality standards.
- 7-10 years experience in a public relations, marketing or advertising agency
- Human resources or internal communications experience is a plus
- BA/BS degree in communications, marketing, advertising, or media communications
- Experience with project management software is ideal
- Strong business acumen, exceptional written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Well-developed leadership and project/program management capabilities with demonstrated success completing multiple cross-functional, cross-business and cross-cultural projects
- Ability to work independently and/or effectively with diverse, cross-organizational teams
- Ability to negotiate and influence key stakeholders across multiple business units and geographies, while influencing positive change through awareness, understanding, acceptance and engagement with key project milestones
- Adaptive to change in a fast-paced, evolving business