Creative Director – Toronto, ON
Can you guide and inspire high caliber designers, writers, digital professionals, video production experts? Do you have a mind for business, and experience working with tier-one clients and senior leadership teams? Are you in touch with the latest trends in communications arts and technology? Can you reimagine a piece of melba toast? Are you looking for a creative position with deeper meaning and purpose? Do you want a start up culture, in a 20+ year old business? One that improves lives? At Nexus, our main focus is not products, it’s people.
As a company, communications work spans across the entire employee experience, from recruiting, to orientation and onboarding, values and culture, leadership, and beyond. Because we value our culture, and focus on positive, focused, collaborative, ego-balanced, growth-oriented individuals who excel well both giving and receiving feedback – be prepared to be tested for fit. Its everything.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Creative Director to join our family and shepherd our already amazing creative team to take their work to the next level. Our hearts and minds are committed to partnering at a strategic level with respected brands to help them effectively define and create employee experiences and cultures that will engage, develop, and connect their people around the world. Our creative team is an essential part of this work and a key component to ensuring that our client partners have the necessary communications and learning assets to help global employers transform, grow, and define their cultures at scale.
If this sounds like you, apply today.
- Prepare for and participate in agency capability presentations to new and existing clients
- Participate in client kickoff and briefing sessions to activate new projects and programs
- Prepare for and present agency-produced creative deliverables to clients, capturing feedback as provided
- Participate in ideation and strategic workshop sessions
Creative Direction & Senior Copywriting
- Development of program communications strategies, timelines and tactics
- Development of contextual briefs for cross-functional creative teams to understand project context and inspire creativity and innovation
- Hosting of internal project kickoff sessions (live/remote)
- Concept development (strategies, tactics, themes, treatments, wireframes, linears, etc)
- Development of strong copy themes (headlines, taglines, slug lines) and copy for various tactics
- Development of master style copy samples (voice) for client consideration
- Authoring of emotive and informational, and instructional e-learning video scripts
- Review of deliverables throughout project cycle to ensure alignment with client brand (visual/voice) and briefs
- Mentoring and development of creative team members including but not limited to:
- Copywriters, Communication Specialists and Strategists, Director/Producers, Graphic Artists
New Business Development
- Collaboration with business development team to support scope, capabilities presentation and new business pitches
- Leadership and collaboration in the development of self-promotional materials, including thought leadership programs, social and digital campaigns, videos, microsites, presentations, client gifting, etc
Leadership & Operations
- Participation in operations team meetings, planning sessions, HR and talent management, financial, project status meetings, etc as a member of the company management team
- Business travel (both domestic and international) may be required, subject to and reimbursed per company travel policies (superseded by client travel policies where applicable)
- The volume of business travel will be dependent upon client locations and business opportunities at the time and may exceed 20 business days/annum
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing or graphic design, or a related field. Masters level preferred.
- 7 years of progressive experience and responsibility as a copywriter or designer.
- At least 2 years of management experience overseeing a creative team. Similar role of Creative Director or Art Director preferred.
- Very strong strategic thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Very strong persuasive presentation skills.
- An ability to communicate well with team and clients.