Graphic Designer – Sudbury, ON
Are you passionate about >great< design and constantly see how creative can be improved and more effective? Are you a natural brand steward who champions innovative, intelligent design that conveys powerful brand messaging?
We are on the lookout for talented designers who have experience in static and/or digital and/or motion arts design. We are looking for visual storytellers, who can translate text – to meaningful visuals. Visuals that inspire and inform. Brands that engage. Here at Nexus Communications our focus is on people.
We want artists focused on their craft, looking to innovate, looking to grow, and looking for amazing creative and design jobs right in Sudbury, Ontario, working for the world’s most respected brands. Your portfolio should do the talking. Your attitude, work ethic, and passion to be the best at what you do should to the walking.
- Creation of design concepts and mock-ups per provided briefs in formats as requested (PDF, PowerPoint, Illustrator, etc)
- Design and formatting of client or agency supplied copy
- Creation of source files for various tactics (video, web, ads, brochures, events, signage, etc)
- Polishing of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations and Word documents
- Creation of illustrated renderings, line art, water colour or otherwise further to briefs
Logo Development & Brand Identity
- Creation of logos, templates, concept boards and identity systems
- Formatting and creation of brand identity standards documents
Web Development & Interactive Media
- Creation of mock-ups and supporting elements per briefs and wireframes
- Template selection and basic level coding
- Creation of email templates and mock-ups
- Review and submission of style sheets (CSS)
*Note: this is not a technical coding role, however, basic level understanding of web site programming best practices and trends is required.
Creative Concepts & Brainstorming
- Creation of campaign concepts, taglines and creative ideas in support of project briefs or new business pitches
- Participation in brainstorming sessions
- 3+ years of experience in graphic design.
- Ability to be creative within existing brand guidelines, to develop branded and creative assets for presentations, print and digital materials as required.
- BA in design, communications or a related field.
- A strong portfolio of work that showcases your diversity of style and attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- A positive, can-do personality with the ability to accept feedback and effectively translate it into amazing work.
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your own time efficiently.
- Ability to balance great design with short and sometimes uncomfortable deadlines.